Scott Steiner talks wrestling today being hard to watch, Why fans watch, Brock Lesnar, WWE pay, more
CBS Detroit recently interviewed Scott Steiner at the Motor City Comic Con in Detroit, which you can watch above. Below are some highlights:
* Steiner called wrestling today "hard to watch."
* Steiner called his time with the nWo the best time to be in the business. He noted that they were going to stadiums, and that he's glad he went through that. He doesn't see a boom period like that happening again unless another big time player gets involved like "FOX News."
* He once again said that wrestling is hard to watch, and said it was "brutal." He said people still watch because they're hoping that "maybe they'll snap out of it and get a brain cell."
* He said that he's been asked to return, but didn't say by whom. He said that there's no money, citing Rey Mysterio and CM Punk leaving. He said that WWE is a monopoly and that the company doesn't want to pay anybody except for "the family."
* Steiner was asked about Brock Lesnar and noted the Lesnar brought in a different audience with his UFC career. He said that Lesnar is legit and wrestling needs more legit guys. He said that Lesnar is being used correctly.