Triple H talks about Roman Reigns, Rumble Controversy, more
Michael Cole recently had a sitdown interview with WWE COO Triple H, who spoke about the Royal Rumble controversy
Michael Cole recently had a sitdown interview with WWE COO Triple H, who spoke about the Royal Rumble controversy, about the live SmackDown program because of travel issues, WWE Network’s 1 million subscribers and more.
Triple H also talked about his appearance in Stone Cold Steve Austin’s podcast after Monday Night Raw and noted that Steve Austin is going for all the big fishes in the business. He also talked about the controversy surrounding the recently concluded Royal Rumble 30-man main event and asked the fans to watch Monday Night Raw for his big announcement.
Below are some of the highlights from his interview:
- Cole brings up the travel issues this week and noted that it led to a live SmackDown. Triple H said that people can't tell WWE what to do, and they'll do RAW even when they're told not to.
- WWE Network hitting 1 million subscribers is brought up. HHH called it very exciting and pegged it the fastest growing digital subscription service in the world. To anyone that hasn't tried it, "a million people can't be wrong."
- Triple H talked about appearing on Steve Austin's podcast after RAW this Monday, and noted that Austin is going after all the big fish. He said that Austin has become an amazing interviewer, and he's looking forward to the podcast. He enjoyed Austin's interview with Vince, and is looking forward to speaking with Austin.
- In addition to HHH on Austin's podcast, he plugged NXT Takeover on February 11th and Fast Lane on February 22nd. He was asked about challenging Sting to appear at Fast Lane. He said that he has a problem with Sting and Sting doesn't belong here and "never has." He has a big problem with Sting changing the course of WWE events, so unlike Roger Goodell, he's going to "show the world what happens" when you mess with him.
- Cole asked Triple H about the Royal Rumble controversy and what his announcement on RAW will be. Triple H acted like he was going to give more details and replied, "watch RAW Monday, because it's none of your business until then." He then said that he went back and watched the Rumble match and it's "just not right." He said that the whole world knew it wasn't right and voiced their opinion. Once again, unlike the NFL, we address our problems and "we're not going to turn our back on our balls. We are going to go face to face with our problem with our balls and we're going to address them Monday night on RAW."