Colt Cabana talks WWE run, AAW, Liger returning to ROH
- Rolling Stone has an article here about Colt Cabana and his career flourishing since his short WWE run in 2009 as Scotty Goldman. During the interview, Cabana talked about not being treated at a level he felt like he should have been in the company.
"I just felt I was thought of as a first-year rookie, which is hard to do as a professional; to go into an environment where you're not treated at a level you think you should be, or at the level you've been treated at going in," Cabana said. "I learned so much stuff but there's a little bit of me that will always have a chip on my shoulder from being treated as a young boy when I don't think I was."
- Speaking of Cabana, he will face Chris Sabin at the Friday's AIW event at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School, 1355 West 70th St. in Cleveland, OH. Also at the show, Bryan Myers (f.k.a. Curt Hawkins) will face Cliff Compton. Bell time is 7:30 pm, you can get more information or purchase tickets by clicking here.
- Ring of Honor announced that Jushin "Thunder" Liger will be returning for Supercard of Honor on Friday March 27th at the Sports House in Redwood City, CA.
"What better place to host Supercard of Honor IX than Silicon Valley," COO of Ring of Honor Joe Koff said. "ROH was built by a loyal and passionate online fan base that has helped make it into the global phenomenon it is today. It's rather apropos that an area known for innovation is the location for Supercard of Honor, given how innovative our product is."
Tickets for this event are already sold out, but you can watch the show through ROH's Video On Demand.
- Another Japanese legend, The Great Muta, was a special guest at last Saturday's !BANG! TV Sound Stage in Ocala, Florida. Muta was there to observe !BANG! TV wrestlers perform tryouts for his company in Japan and do a special interview for NTV Japan with Funking Conservatory Wrestling Coach, Dory Funk Jr. You can get more details on the wrestling school by calling (352) 895-4658 or by visiting dory-funk.com.
- Championship Wrestling From Hollywood will be hosting free television tapings this Sunday at 3pm at Oceanview Pavilion, 575 E Surfside Dr. in Port Hueneme, California. The show airs on KDOC-TV in Los Angeles. Matches announced include Hollywood Heritage Tag Team Champions PPrAy (Petey Avalon & Ray Rosas) defending against Drew Gulak & Timothy Thatcher, while "Main Event" James Morgan (w/ Stu Stone) will face Othello. Also appearing are Hollywood Heritage Champion Hobo, CWFH Television Champion Scorpio Sky, Vermin (Joey Ryan, YUMA, Ryan Taylor), Shaun Ricker and many more.