Scott Hall at weekend events, Roderick Strong wins title, Santana Garrett defends, Too Cool reunite
- Santana Garrett had her second successful title defense Saturday at the American Combat Wrestling event in Trinity, FL. She defeated Stormie Lee with the Shining Star Press. Last Sunday, she defeated Tammy Lynn in Opa-locka, FL. Santana's third title defense will be at Saturday's "I Believe in Wrestling" event in Orlando.
- Also at the ACW show, Sean Swagg beat Kennedy Kendrick to retain the ACW Heavyweight title and Wayne VanDyke beat Jason Falcone & Blanco Loco & Carrion in a 4-way ladder match to become the first ACW Light Heavyweight Champion
- Scott Hall was in Central Florida all weekend at wrestling events. He appeared first at "I Believe in Wrestling's" Team Vision Dojo, followed by a student show at the WWE Performance Center. He was then making towns with his friends for the Full Impact Pro iPPV on Friday in Ybor City, and the ACW event on Saturday. Hall appeared on the Full Impact Pro iPPV and briefly took pictures of his friends making their intro.
- In the main event of the Full Impact Pro iPPV, Roderick Strong defeated Trent Baretta with a Texas Cloverleaf to win the vacant FIP World Heavyweight title. Also on the show, The Savages beat the Submission Squad to retain the FIP Tag Team titles, while Maxwell Chicago beat Chasyn Rance in a title vs. tuxedo match to win the FIP Florida Heritage title after a super hurricanrana.
- WrestlingINC.com reader Scott H. sent us this report for last night's Kamikaze Pro wrestling event in the U.K., which was headlined by former WWE Tag Team Champions Too Cool:
Last night I attended my first Kamikaze Pro wrestling event and it was a wild night of Indy pro wrestling action here in the UK. The show was headlined by former WWE World Tag Team Champions, Too Cool.
The promotion has some talented guys and from the opening bell to the closing each wrestler gave their all to the 250 in attendance.
Too Cool came out at the interval to pose for pictures with fans and actually celebrated in the ring with an 8 year old boy whose birthday it was.
Big Indy star the great Mexican competitor El Ligero fought for the World Title but lost in a very good contest to current champion Robbie X. Ligero also found time to pose with fans for pictures at the interval, for free?.very nice guy.
Super heel The Badman Marshall X was informed that he will be facing TNA star Robbie E in March, this was after Marshall had challenged Juventued Guerrera who is appearing at an upcoming show for Kamikaze in May of this year. Robbie E will be appearing and main eventing in March.
Too Cool main evented the show and worked a good match with top team So Scandalous. The back and forth match sore Too Cool actually put over the young heel team to much shock, but the last laugh of the night would go to team Too Cool with a great in ring celebration and beat down of the So Scandalous.
I managed to grab a very quick word with Too Cool, ''who both felt they could still offer the WWE Tag team division something''. Who knows a Too Cool vs. Uso feud with Rikishi involved does sound pretty fun.
Kamikaze Pro is a fast growing and very popular Indy Promotion out of my hometown of Birmingham, England and is well worth anybody's money to go and see a live show.
You can check out a photo from the event below:
A photo posted by Wrestling Inc. (@wrestlinginc) on Feb 22, 2015 at 7:34am PST