WWE Live Event results from Abu Dhabi (2/12): John Cena headlines, no Sami Zayn, Bo Dallas, Ambrose
Thanks to one of our readers for sending in these results for today's WWE live event at Abu Dhabi's Zayed Sports City Tennis Stadium, which is the first of three events this week. * Dean Ambrose, who had a strong fan following, beat Luke Harper. ...
Here are the results for today's WWE live event at Abu Dhabi's Zayed Sports City Tennis Stadium, which is the first of three events this week. Curtis Axel was knocked out within 60 minutes when he threw up a challenge, and fan favorite Dean Ambrose picked up a win. Ziggler and Rusev still walked out as Champions and we had the first ever ‘Abu Dhabi Street Fight’ headlined by none other than John Cena.
* Dean Ambrose, who had a strong fan following, beat Luke Harper.
* Jack Swagger made Tyson Kidd tap out to an ankle lock after a "fan's choice dance-off" was cut short after Kidd attacked Swagger.
* Curtis Axel came out to face Bo Dallas. Before the match Axel took the microphone and exclaimed, "I was never eliminated from the Royal Rumble Match" and that he "should face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania." He also proclaimed that "Axel-mania is running wild." Bo Dallas eventually rolled up Axel for the win. Axel then challenged anyone in the back to come out and out came Ryback, who pinned Axel within a minute to chants of "feed me more!"
* Dolph Ziggler beat Bad News Barrett via DQ in an Intercontinental Championship match after Barrett hit Ziggler with the belt.
* Rusev defended the US title, forcing Eric Rowan to tap out to his Accolade submission hold. No Lana tonight.
* New Day's Kofi Kingston and Big E beat Stardust and Goldust after Stardust accidentally drop-kicked Golddust. Afterwards Stardust shoved Goldust and left to the back.
* John Cena had a great match with Seth Rollins (they had good chemistry) in what was billed the "first-ever Abu Dhabi Street Fight" -- however, Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton had an "Abu Dhabi Street Fight" last time WWE Live came to Abu Dhabi last year. Cena won with an impressive AA to Rollins through a table from the top rope.
A good show, but no Sami Zayn, who was a big hit last year.
Biggest pops: 3rd) Dean Ambrose/Ryback, 2nd) Kofi Kingston, 1st) John Cena - with a huge positive reaction
Biggest heat: 3rd) Axel, 2nd) Stardust, 1st) Rollins