Ubisoft releases questionnaire to decide future Far Cry setting
Far Cry 4 Could the next Far Cry be set in Jurassic Park? Well that is now up to the Far Cry players to decide. Ubisoft has sent every Far Cry 4 p ...
Could the next Far Cry be set in Jurassic Park? Well that is now up to the Far Cry players to decide. Ubisoft has sent every Far Cry 4 player a questionnaire that includes possible new settings for the open-world franchise. Players can now pick their favourite setting for the next Far-Cry game. Ubisoft has conducted surveys in the past for the Assassin’s Creed games where players could decide on the future AC settings.
But things may be slightly different this time around. The settings provided in the poll are vastly different from the settings seen in the previous Far Cry games. Some of these are very creative like a Mad-Max style post-apocalyptic world or the world which includes Vampires.
There are a total of eleven different settings to choose from in the questionnaire. Check out the full list below:
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam War during the 1960’s
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join Vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park-style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry 4
So the next game in the Far-Cry franchise is definitely going to be very unique. My vote is on the Mad-Max style world. Far Cry 4 released this past fall in 2014. The game did really well both commercially and critically and even won the “Best Shooter” title at the 2014 Game Awards.